FILMS AND SONGS (3ºESO)
UNIT 1 (3ºESO)
LOST PROPERTY (Lesson taken from https://film-english.com/ )
2. CHECK YOUR ANSWERS
3. MEANINGS OF "LOSE" (3 DIFFERENT MEANINGS)
4. PAIRWORK: Make a list of objects that are typically lost (1 minute)
5. PAIRWORK (SP): Tell your partner about a time you lost an object but found it later
TRAILER "LOST PROPERTY"
1. Write a short story departing from the idea that you can get in this trailer. You have 15 minutes to write your story.
2. Read your stories to the rest of the class.
FILM "LOST PROPERTY"
Now compare your stories with the real plot of the film. Guess the real meaning of this film.
Now read out part of an interview with the director of the film, Asa Lucander, in which she explains what the film is about.
"Lost Property is a love story, but above all it is about the fragility of the mind - how we take it for granted, and how lost we are without it. It is about hope, persistence and devotion. It portrays an illness, Alzheimer's - that robs us of who we are. Our memory is so fragile, yet so deeply ingrained. It's about how we cope with it, and how it affects others. The film touches on these things, yet on the face of it, it is a simple tale in a lost property office. I see the lost property office as a metaphor for the mind. Shared memories are tucked away in hidden rooms, waiting to be found."
- take sth for granted
- cope with sth
- a tale
UNIT 2 (3ºESO)
MAKE IT COUNT
Do you like quotes by famous people? Do you have any favourite quote?
- DISCUSS THE QUOTES. CHOOSE FIVE OF THEM THAT YOU REALLY LIKE.
WATCH THE VIDEO AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
- What is the story of how the film came to be made?
- Which countries did the men visit?
- How do the quotes relate to the narrative of the film?
- What's the message of the film?
WORK IN PAIRS
- HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE MOST OF .......THIS WEEK/ THIS YEAR/ YOUR LIFE?
WORK IN GROUPS OF 3
- PLAN A TRIP AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 DAYS:
-Which countries do you want to visit?
- Plan your itinerary
- What are you going to do in each country?
- Write a short composition about your trip
UNIT 6 (Relationships)
1. Think of as many words for members of the family as you can (2 minutes)
2. Answer the following questions with your partner:
- How would you describe the relationship between a father and a child?
- How would you describe the relationship between a grandfather and a grandchild?
- How and why is the relationship between a father and a child, and the relationship between a grandfather and a grandchild different?
3. Tell your partner about your relationship with your grandparents.
4. You are going to watch the start of a short film in which you will see a grandfather, father and son. Try to understand what is happening and think about how you would describe the relationship between the three members of the family.(--> 1:55)
5. Is the situation illustrated in the film is a typical one in Spain?
6. The grandfather is taking his grandson in a wagon to have adventures. Guess what kind of adventures they are going to have and make a list.
7. Watch the rest of the film; as you watch you should compare the adventures you see with the adventures you created.
8. Retell the story to each other in as much detail as possible.
9. Group discussion:
- Did you like the film? Why/why not?
- How did the film make you feel?
- Did the film remind you of your childhood? In what way?
- Does the film have a message?