HISTORY - WHAT CAUSED THE FRENCH REVOLUTION?
- upheaval = revuelta política
- undergo = padecer, experimentar
- Enlightenment = la Ilustración
- political awareness = conciencia política
- clergy = clero
- merchants and craftsmen= mercaderes y artesanos
- peasants= campesinos
- harvest = cosechar
- lavishly = con despilfarro
- wealth = riqueza
- sink into debt = hundirse en la deuda
- outrage = indignación
- to storm = atacar
- storehouse of weapons = almacén de armamento
- shatter = hacerse pedazos
- charged with treason= acusado de traición
- beheaded = decapitado
MORE EXTRA PRACTICE
Combine the following pairs of sentences by means of relative pronouns, making any necessary changes.
1. She was dancing with a student. He had a slight limp. (two ways)
2. I am looking after some children. They are terribly spoilt.(two ways)
3. Romeo and Juliet were two lovers. Their parents hated each other.
4. There wasn't any directory in the telephone box. I was phoning from this box.
5. This is Mrs. Jones. Her son won the championship last year.
6. I was sitting on a chair. It suddenly collapsed. (The chair...)
7. Mr Smith said he was too busy to speak to me. I had come specially to see him.
8. The man was sitting at the desk. I had come to see this man (whom)
9. His girlfriendturned out to be an enemy spy. He trusted her absolutely.
10. This is the story of a man. His wife suddenly loses her memory.